skip to main content

Additional Questions about Immigration to the U.S.

Where Can I Find More Information about Entry/Immigration into Countries Other than the U.S. and Canada?

Posted on July 14, 2022

Please see this website for resources about immigration into Europe: Read more

Where Can I Find More Information about Entry/Immigration into Canada?

Posted on July 14, 2022

A Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) for individuals fleeing Ukraine has been established. More details can be found on this official government page:  For comprehensive information about immigration  for those affected by the situation in Ukraine, please see these other official government resources:  Read more

Where Can I Find Information about Social Services and Community Resources for Ukrainians Entering the U.S.?

Posted on July 14, 2022

The U.S. government does not offer any benefits or financial assistance to individuals who are here on a B1/B2 tourist/visitor visa. This visa is not designed for those seeking permanent residence or who are entering the U.S. for humanitarian reasons. It is possible that some municipalities have resources available for U.S. residents who meet certain criteria such as poverty or having minor-aged children. Certain private or non-profit organizations may offer individuals assistance with food, shelter, or necessities during their visit to the U.S. Here is a partial list of organizations and community groups helping displaced Ukrainians in the U.S.: Chicago:  Florida:  New York City:  Seattle:  New Jersey:  Connecticut:  Minnesota:  Miami:  Catholic Charities:  HIAS Resettlement Partners:  Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services:  Nova Ukraine Resources:  Temporary Lodging – I Can Help Host:  Temporary Lodging – Ukraine Take Shelter:  Temporary Lodging – Airbnb:  Read more

Should I Consult a Lawyer?

Posted on July 14, 2022

It is always advisable to get advice from a licensed attorney in the U.S. who regularly practices immigration law before starting any visa or immigration application. Read more

The content on this website is provided for general educational purposes only. It is not intended to be taken as legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. This website and its content are property of the Ukraine Immigration Task Force and may not be reproduced in any format without written permission. By using this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use.

Learn more about how to use this site.