This depends on your circumstances. The most common visas for temporary travel to the U.S. are a B-1 visa for business (to attend a conference or consult with business associates) or a B-2 visa for tourism (for a vacation or to visit with friends or relatives). Neither of these non-immigrant visas allow an individual to work in the U.S. or stay in the U.S. permanently.