A relative of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder) may apply for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. consulate located in the country where they currently reside. The Ukrainian visa applicant can list their U.S. family member who is a citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident in their non-immigrant visa application. Providing documents to clarify both that the visit is temporary (i.e., to attend a wedding or graduation ceremony) and that the immigrant will be supported financially during the temporary visit will help strengthen the non-immigrant visa application.