A U.S. citizen or a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder) may sponsor a spouse or a child under age 21for a non-immigrant V visa, if a petition for permanent immigrant visa under Form I-130 had already been filed before December 21, 2000 and the petition is more than three years old. We note that U.S. Embassies and Consulates have not issued any V visas for the past several years because applicants with priority dates on or before December 21, 2000, were able to apply for immigrant visas as their priority dates become current.