An individual on a tourist or visitor visa (B1/B2) is¬†not¬†permitted to accept employment or work in the U.S. Violating the terms of one’s tourist or visitor visa (B-1 or B-2), including staying in the U.S. beyond the time permitted, can result in severe immigration consequences, including being accused by U.S. immigration authorities of misusing your tourist/visitor visa. This may lead to a denial of any future immigration applications.

If you entered the U.S. as a tourist, you may try to apply for a change of status if a U.S. employer is willing to sponsor you for an employment-based visa.